endometriosis and belly button
hi,

i am new to this board and was wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms, i am 36 yrs old and have been having pelvic pain since i was 10, have has cysts rupture and fibroids found on uterus, pre cancerous cells found with pap, have had colposcopy , leep , endometrial abalation due to heavy bleeding and pain, monthly i don;t have the bleeding anymore sice the ablation, but the pain has gotten so severe every month and in the last year, i have started to have bloody drainage from my belly button the first two days of my period every month, it is pretty gross,i have pain after intercourse and after going to the bathroom , i am seeing the gyno at the end of the month, as far as my belly button, i have seen dermatologist and gp and have been prescibed antibiotics and creams, nothing works and the dermatologist had suggested it was endometriosis , consult gyno soon.. anyone have similar symptoms, i do have two surgical scars in navel from tubal and gallbladder,

anyone out there going thru this too..

thanks
I just had a lap done a few weeks ago and my belly button is really different....I have a whole new belly button.  I was wondering how it's going to look once it heal's up since I still have a few stiches to dissolve, but I would imagine the bleeding from the belly button would be due to the scarring in there.  Just my guess.  I don't think it has anything to do with endometriosis, but rather  poor healing from surgery that blood would be leaking out from...maybe they can re-stitch it or something?
have you ever heard of adenomyosis? My cousin had it and had a hysterectomy...it can be pretty confusing to diagnose but your symptoms sound similar...
Hi. I had lap three years ago and I still have scar on my belly button. But there wasnt and there isnt any bleeding, so I dont know anything about that. However, it is not pleasent to look at your belly button and to see something totaly different. I know how it feels. The doctors keep telling me that the scar is going to disapear, but that didnt happen till now and three years have passed...
I think your dermatologist was correct in telling you to see a gyno.  it sounds to me like you're going through a lot of pain and suffering.  i myself just found out that i had endo. and had it diagnosed and removed by Dr. Kanayama.  He's located in NYC and if you google his name you'll immediately be connected to his website.  I must tell you that he has totally changed both my mental and physical well-being.  I now finally feel healthy and had a correct diagnosis.  If you need any more information then please let me know.

It sounds like endometriosis in your navel, since you had surgery there.  I have it too.  Mine just started with last months period.  It took me a couple of days to put 2 and 2 together.  I told my GP, but she shrugged it off.  I will return to her in a week, to tell her that it happens around my period, and see what she says.  I might have to go back to my OB.  Please let me know your progress.    :)