Endometriosis Community
endometriosis cyst on ovary and bowl?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

endometriosis cyst on ovary and bowl?

Went to the ER for sever pain on left side of my pelvic. They did an ultrasound plus transvaginal ultrasound. The results are
findings - uterus is normal in size and with out focal lesion.
Endometrim is homogeneous. Right ovary normal.  No adnexal mass , trace  
Free fluid. Normal arterial and venous flow was documented to the left ovary. Normal color flow documentation to the right ovary.
The left ovary;   complex avascular slightly hypoechoic 120-1.6 x 1.6 cm lesion
Indentified.   Appearance suggests possibility of hemorrhagic cyst or endometrioma.
Consider further evaluation by elective outpatient MIR.

Could this be cancerous or just endometriosis effecting my ovary?

I'm in consistent pain every day tired fatigued  blotted even when I'm not eating. Periods in between about every 17 days. Had a biopsy of my endometrim to rule out cancer. Now I'm going g to get a second  appended  other obgyn.
Need advice
Tags: abdomen
Could be cancerous but most cysts are 99.9% benign so I would go with the Endometriosis that they figure it could be. If its blood filled its most likely Endo.

Have you tried any form of BCP and taken it continuously to prevent menstruation?

Best thing for you to do is find an endo specialist in your area and if there arent any go to an onc/gyno they are better than just a reg gynos when it comes to Endometriosis. You most likely will have to undergo a lot more TVUS and regular US before they do anything so you will need to push for a lap surgery to confirm endo.

That will be the only way to diagnose it.
Hi Ritac1972,

I just read your comments. You said you went to the ER for severe pain
on the left side of your pelvis. Your family doctor would have been forwarded a copy of the results of the ultrasound and the transvaginal ultrasound. I would go to your regular family doctor and have her or
him explain the results of both ultrasounds and together plan a next
step. Good luck to you. Eve :)
Well I did get an GYN oncologist specialist, on 28th April because I'm in so much pain. The clinic I went to for the last two years with this suffering  pain and agenie nothing being resolved .  Did MIR, ultrasounds, CT scans.  I know it's endometriosis effecting my bowl area. I heard it can spread to other organs... now I have good insurance know. Thank God because I can see real Dr.s that care.  This Week I was in so much pain during and after my period on my left side around my ovary and by my appendix are like when I walk or stand I have to sit down, then it hurts really bad sitting down.  Or I  bend over to do the laundry or dishes. Can't even walk my dogs or play with my daughter that is 4 years old.... I go in on the 9 for a colonoscopy both ends fun.  I hope the new GYN will no explore laparoscopy to see what is going on inside of me. I want to be able to feel good again not sick all the time fatigue, and weak and having no appetite and figure out why I have lost 15 lb in three months not even trying to loss weight.  I'm all ready thin perfect 124 lbs then I'm down to 110 lbs. Something is diffently wrong in my body I just know my body is fighting something because I always have a temperature of 99.2 to 101.9. Off and on the past year now... I'm hoping it is not to late to to take care of what is happening to me... I pray that it's not Cancer of any kind.   I have to be here for my daughter to grow up, I'm only 40 years old and want to see my baby girl have here own baby's....
Any advice..
I really feel it is Endo. If you read my journals and what I went through for 17 yrs just to be diagnosed you can understand the nightmare I have been through.

It's good to get the colonoscopy done to rule out anything bowel related. I have had so many of those and was told it was ibs.

23 yrs battling this disease took a toll on my body because it took them so long to diagnose induced fibromyalgia.

I can relate to your fears and frustrations and that is what brought me to medhelp in 2006 when thy found a 10cm complex cyst. I met a bunch of ladies on the ovarian cancer board that went through the whole process with me until my surgery. They helped with my fears about it possibly being cancer and that is why I help people on this board because of what I went through.

Please let me know how you made out on the colonoscopy and drs etc :)
Thanks for your input.  What about the weight loss 15 lbs in three months I never loss weight like that plus the fatigued, can't think straight, confusion, I can't function on a daily bases like laundry playing with my 5 year old daughter. I don't like feeling weak all the time. My husband the other day said I have looked the worse he has ever seen me said I'm pale and look yellow all over. I just so scared and have no close family that is in my life when I really need them.. feel really alone during my sickness. I can't even try to find work because I'm always sick. Who wants to hire a person that is sick and can't concentrate on anything.plus can't afford childcare... feel hopeless past months.
It could be bowel related when it comes to your weight loss. Something go on in there.

Have you been tested for Celiac disease?

When you say you are yellow all over do you mean like Jaundice? Has your doctor looked at your liver?