Endometriosis Community
endometriosis surgery with a gynocologist and urologist

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Hi can somebody please help me I recently had a laparoscopy and my gyno surgeon found that my left hand side is completely blocked with endometriosis and has said that this has caused everything to be attached to my endometrial wall, she also said that the right hand side is extremely blocked too she has been able to remove a small amount from the right hand side, but has left the left hand side because she need's a urologist to be their to help when she remove's this. What doe's this mean, why doe's she need a urologist. Can somebody please help, as I am really worried and it is four week's till I get my consultation.
I know the ureters can be hard for a surgeon to find during surgery, so if the area is close to them, they call in a urologist to help them avoid cutting the ureters.  Or maybe the endometriosis is attached to the bladder.  
The fact is your surgeon is not an Endometriosis specialist because if she was she/he would have had no problem removing it.

I had frozen pelvis/kissing ovaries Stage IV deep infiltrating endometirosis it was covered from under my rib cage all over the bowels, ureters and bladder and he removed it all.  

Where do you live? you need to find an Endo specialist.
Hi thanks' for your response, my surgeon is a gynaecologist  Hun, I can't afford to go private unfortunately I am under the nhs,maybe this is why I don't know. Although I am not new to endometriosis because I am on my 3rd laparoscopy I have never had to have a urologist before, so this has worried me, I have been in pain for the last 3 year's with it this time round and have been told this is stage 3 endometriosis and I have a problem with my cervix and it has been affecting my bowel motion's and also my appetite too. I get winded from under my rib cage right the way down to the pelvis which is unbearable. I also have bleeding in between cycle's and the pain start's a week before my cycle with swelling and loss of appetite. I guess I will have to wait to find out what it's all about, I will find out in 4 week's, but it just seems so long away when you want answer's and your in pain.
Hi thanks' for your response, I think you are right, I looked up Urologist on line and they are Specialists in the Genitourinary tract - the Kidneys, urinary, bladder etc. and she did say they are all attached to my endometrial wall and completely blocked and surrounded by the endometriosis, so I guess you are right they don't want to damage these vital organ's, so unfortunately for me this mean's another operation, with another specialist, but better safe then sorry I suppose. And their is the added possibility that they could be inside them to so I would prefer the urologist their to be honest.