Endometriosis Community
enlarge uterus ....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

enlarge uterus ....

hi ...yestesday they told .... on the phone....that i  have  enlarged uterus .... they say a normal uterus is 75 in .....my is 129 in ....can you tell me if you i could have a really bad prolem... im stress about it . thanks can you what to look for ...could i have cancer

Avatar_dr_f_tn
An enlarged uterus can be because of various reasons. A detailed ultrasound report is necessary to find out the cause of enlargement. This can be myohyperplasia, adenomyosis, fibroids etc. A pap smear and an endometrial biopsy need to be done to rule out cancer. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation. Hope this helps.
Take care & good luck.
Welcome to the Endometriosis Forum :)

Have you followed up with your doctor to see the next step and find out more detail about the report?

If you have an enlarged Uterus it could be from Adenomyosis, fibroids.

The doctor above is right you should get a pap and biopsy to rule out cancer but I think the chances are lower than the above two possibilities.

Having your results in your hand would tell you more.