Endometriosis Community
intercourse after cyst removed off ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

hi everyone just wanted some help really... had a laparoscopy and a hysteroscopy just over a week ago.i had one cyst removed on the outside of my ovary and they flushed out my tubes.  how will i know when i can have sex again as some websites i been looking at have been telling me 10 days and 4-6 weeks?? would like to know

thanks
Tags: surgery, intercourse, Cyst, help, sex
Hi there, I had the same thing done. Laparoscopy and hysteroscopy. They removed endometriosis, cyst on my fallopian tube and a polyp in the middle of my uterus. My papers said until I went for my 2 week checkup BUT I didn't wait that long. Hubby and I had sex about 10 days later.  If you feel like it, go slow and easy of course. You know what your body can handle. :)   Take Care! :)  
hi thank you for replying. on monday it will be two weeks ago i had it done. i had my check up 2 days ago she just asked how i was doing and that she didnt check anything but didnt want to ask her when my mum was there. im just worried of damaging myself? if that can happen.  im healing ok and not in pain anymore. just tiny bit of discomfort on my tummy button. was you ok after? :)
Hey there!  You're welcome. :)  
Yeap I was absolutely fine. :)  My bellybutton felt tight for about 3 weeks but as far as having sex I was okay. :) I think you'll be fine. If it starts feeling uncomfortable just stop. Don't let "uncomfortable" lead to "painful".  But I don't think you'll have a problem at all. :)
I completely understand about not asking because of your mum.  My mom was in there with me also and it was embarassing!! lol
Take care hun! If you have anymore questions feel free to ask or message me. :)  

I m working in oversea,and i Just removed the cyst before a week ago.My fiance is coming this week.We can meet 3 months a time only as he is always busy with his bisiness in my home country,i Just want to know can i have sex slowly after one week of surgery?or if I  do,is there any problems for me?pls help me
My doctor-- an endo specialist and top notch surgeon make sure his patients know that they cannot have intercourse for two weeks-- here is his post surgery instructions:

Patients usually go home the same day of the laparoscopic surgery.  There may be a few occasions, such as persistent nausea/vomiting, pain control, or urinary retention, that a patient is kept overnight and sent home the morning after surgery.  Recovery is usually 1-2 weeks long.  Nothing should be placed in the vagina for 2 weeks, unless a total hysterectomy or any vaginal procedure has been performed.  Then nothing can be placed in the vagina for at least 6 weeks and until the surgeon has examined the patient after the surgery to ensure healing.  Driving is restricted to those in pain causing a slower, emergent reaction time while driving as well as those on narcotics for recovery.  If a larger procedure was performed, patients may be fatigued for 6-8 weeks, however, can usually resume normal activities after 2 weeks.  No heavy lifting of greater than 25 pounds for 4 weeks is generally recommended.

achilles2
just a question as i am on the waiting list to havesurgery done. Does sex feel alot better after/
I tried a month after laparoscopic cyst removal and it was uncomfortable, then again a few weeks later (three days ago) and I'm in quite a lot of pain now and very swollen stomach, like I was three weeks post-op - maybe we weren't careful enough but I'm going to go easy now.  I thought after two months I'd be all better :( UTI to treat now as well.