Endometriosis Community
lingering side effects from femara .

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

lingering side effects from femara .

I was on Femara and Necon for 3 months to treat endometriosis. 2 weeks into treatment I started getting side effects like scary muscle pains throughout my body especially in my chest and legs, unable to concentrate and focus, memory loss, joint pain ,anxiety, rage, depression... the list goes on and on. Every time I would call the prescribing dr with a side effect he would tell me it is not from the medication. Before treatment I was super women and after i began treatment i could barely function. I was suppose to be on treatment for 6 months but 3 months into therapy I was told to stop therapy because I was having alot of chest and leg pain that the dr. thought it could be a blood clot brought on from the treatment. I did not have a blood clot and never went back on treatment. I've been off of treatment for about 14 months and I'm still experiencing alot of the same side effects. I forgot to mention I'm premenopausal and i've read alot about femara given to menopausal women and no studies done on the effects of femara given to premenopausal women. I've been seeing a rheumatologist and my internist for some kind of answers and they both tell me that they are not fimiliar  with the long lasting after effects of the drug. i would like to see an oncologist for some answers since they prescribe the drug more than any other dr but They will not see me because I don't have cancer.(thank god). Can someone please tell me if you experienced the same effects.
Tags: femara
Aromatase inhibitors do cause wicked side effects, some very long term for some women. You're not crazy.

I hope you get some relief soon!
Thank you. I would just like some confirmation from a femara expert ( if such a professional exists) on whether it is possible that there are long term side effects once treatment stops( for my piece of mind).
SueYoung55, I just read your profile(I'm new to this site and I'm still exploring how to use it) Thank God you're doing well!!!!!! Were you ever on an aromatase inhibitor?