Endometriosis Community
need ovarian mass removed, no insurance
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

need ovarian mass removed, no insurance

I was just diagnosed with a mass by my left ovary.  It is 8 cm and is a pissible endometrioma.  It needs to come out.  I don't have insurance.  I spent years at home as a stay at home mom and my fiance's insurance premiums were more than we could afford.  My part time job of the last year pays next to nothing after babysitting and was more for me to get out of the house for a little bit.  Now if we sign up, there is a 9 month wait for my preexisting condition, a 4000 depisit to self pay, or 3+ month wait for obamacare.  Is it dangerous to wait?  It is already a good size and my periods keep getting worse.  I don't use tampons anymore because if the pain.
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
*possible, sorry mobile typing
Blank
136956_tn?1363091289
Can you afford BCP? You can take it continuously to try to shrink it down if possible not sure if it will but i think if you take it every day without a break so no period it might stop it from growing and you wont get a period or pain. Its worth a shot and its cheaper if you can't afford that deposit right now
Blank

You suggested BCP to irishtriplets. What is BCP ?
Thanks, Eve.
Blank
I wouldn't wait. Im 21 and I just had a hysterectomy because I had a huge "chocolate cyst" hemridging (leaking) blood and bad toxins into my body poisoning me, along with extremely bad endometriosis. It was so painful and terrible and I went thru a lot. I would get it taken care of. I didn't have insurance or anything but the hospital helped me a lot.  Take care of your health it's so important. You don't want that to rupture or get worse. I know it's so expensive but I recommend not waiting.
Blank
136956_tn?1363091289
Bcp is birth control pill.

I do not recommend a hyster to the poster as a hyster does not stop Endo from growing back
Blank
136956_tn?1363091289
I would suggest that you not wait, but I know you dont have the money to afford the surgery that is the reason I suggested the BCP for now.

Where do you live? I can try to see if some people can help figure how you can get this done with the minimal cost.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Endometriosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...