Aa
A
A
Close
open surgery or lap?
I need to have  a hyster done because of a 7cm. cyst on my right ovary and a 7cm fibroid on my uterus.  Some think a lap is dangerous because they won't be able to get everything out safely.  I don't know what I should do.  My doctor wasn't able to do the lap but he has suggested I talk to a more skilled doctor.  I am thinking of doing that but maybe I should just have my doctor do a open surgery.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I recommend getting a second opinion before surgery if it is at all possible, especially since your doctor is saying you should talk to a more skilled doctor.

I recently went through a lap for an endometriomas and what my doctor told me was that he would try to do a laparoscopy, but if he couldn't he would do the laparotomy where I would have a 3" bikini line incision.

That being said, I wound up with an arterial bleed that the surgeons couldn't find and a 10" incision up my chest, so the best laid plans are not necessarily what will happen.

So it doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other, could plan for one and get the other if the first isn't possible.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Endometriosis Community Resources