pelvic laparoscopy procedure
when a female has a pelvic laparoscopy operation, is a tube inserted into the vagina every time.
Not that I'm aware of - I've had 4 and I don't believe I've ever had one of those. What did she have a lap done for?
Hope you don't mind me popping onto this forum as I was just searching around the site and hopefully can help with an answer.  To do a pelvic laparoscopy the tube has to be inserted through the abdomen, usually by the navel, and always under general anaesthetic.  You may be confusing the procedure with a hysteroscopy, where a tube is inserted through the vagina to look inside the uterus.  You are awake for this one.  If you are having a laparoscopy they will put air inside your abdomen to make viewing easier, and also can carry out some treatments by inserting other tubes into the abdomen, eg. for removing endometriosis.  After the procedure you will have pain depending on what was done, and also likely pain in the shoulders, from the air trapped inside affecting nerve pathways to this area.  This goes away in a few days.  You may also find your stomach muscles weaker from being cut through by the tube, and should work on gently strengthening them again when you are fully recovered.  Hope this helps.