Endometriosis Community
return of endrometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

return of endrometriosis

After have a total Hysteroctomy for having stage IV endometriosis can this endometriosis return?
Oh it sure can!!

I am surprised they never told you that.

Was your Endo excised or lasered?

Was it a complete hyster?

Are you taking any hrts?

It also can be scar tissue as well

Did they do it vaginally, lap or open surgery ?
Yes it can. There is currently no cure for Endometriosis. The only way to "cure " it is if they did a full hysterectomy and removed every single endometrial implant/endometrial stroma gland in your body.
Yes they did a full hysterctomy i have not had a consult with my dr. as os yet that is next week.. to find out the full results... i feel great..
i for got to add that i had the  total hysterectomy due to other problems... they found the endometriosis during the hysterectomy. it was supose to be vag. and lap because they took the overies   no one had a cue it was there so the surgery turned of to be open.. i suspected something due to my periods which were always regular started to mess up and the small amout of bleeding between them were a bright orange, and bright red in color...something i had never seen before... also haveing such lower back pain i did not want to ignore the signs ive read about endometriosis made an appointment with my gyno and went from there.   i had a colon check just a month before the gyno visit.  It came out fine...tks for the info
If they lasered the Endo off and not Excised it the chances of it coming back are high.

If they were doing the hyster for another reason the chances are the person doing the surgery was not an Endo specialist therefore will not know the proper way to remove the Endo.

For me I tell people that yes it is possible to be cured from Endo but very unlikely due to the lack of education of this disease and how to remove it properly.