Endometriosis Community
still bloated 2 months after surgery to remove endo and an endometrioma...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

still bloated 2 months after surgery to remove endo and an endometrioma

i had surgery on june 29 to remove a grapefruit size endometrioma and during the laparoscopic surgery they found stage 3 endo all over my organs including behind my uterus and on my rectum.  my insides were apparently a mess and so there was a lot of work done during the surgery and it took awhile before i felt like i was getting better. i was really bloated and constipated for about 6 weeks and then it started to go down and i started to workout again at the gym and after 2 weeks at the gym my belly swelled up again and i have a pain like i did one week after surgery.  i work out pretty hard core, i lift heavy weights and i am wondering if maybe working out made the swelling come back?  does anyone weight lift like i do that had a lap done and if so how long before you could work out like normal.  

also, was anyone else really bloated like this for this long??? i was told at first it would be two weeks before i healed and then after surgery since they did more work then expected they told me if would be more like 4-6 weeks to heal.  did i overdo it at the gym?  could that be why the pain and the swelling is back.  i am just worried its endo growing back again.  i chose not to go on any medication after as i am looing into a more natural alternative method of keeping endo at bay.  one note i would like to say i have had two periods since surgery and they were totally pain free.  did anyone else experience complete constipation for two months after surgery???
I would not be working out like you are doing. I would walk if anything until the pain subsides and even after that.

I had extensive surgery done as well and it took a couple of months to do anything.

Weightlifting you should not be doing. Thats just my opinion.

They did surgery on your rectum it could have something to do with that.

did they do a presacral neurectomy?  
yes they did surgery on my rectum, according to the notes it was attached to my ovary.  I had stage 3 endo all over my organs and it was all over cul de sac and my uterus was pushed to the side and so that was moved as well.  they also removed a huge cyst, was the size of a grapefruit.

i had bloating and constipation before surgery thought this would relieve it but im still so bloated, it is better in am and then gets worse throughout the day.  i have def eased off of working out and so pain is not bad anymore.  just wondering if anyone was still experiencing bloating two months later.  
I think it just takes some time for everything to get back in place. I had the same type of surgery done.