Endometriosis Community
thickened endometrial stripe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

thickened endometrial stripe

i had my transvaginal ultrasound last April 03, 2008, and in the examination shows that i have a thickened endometrial stripe measures 0.9cm. My cervix measures 3.8 x 3.9 x 3.6 cm with a 0.9 cm cyst.

Few follicles are noted in both ovaries, no adnexal mass is seen. no free fluid is noted in the posterior cul de sac.
Impression: Normal-sized retroverted uterus with thickened endometrial stripe. Normal ovaries and adnexa. Nabotian cyst...

My doctor ask me to take provera on the 16th day of my menstrual period which will start on the 24th of this mo. and will take it for 10 days, and will keep on doing this for 3mos. with the same procedure...

my question is, Is it normal to have endometrial stripe thickened at my age, i'm 44yrs.old., does it also cause of having a  back pain? what shall i do, or is there something that i have to eat or take orally to reduce my endometrial stripe from getting thicker,  to avoid operation? thank you so much...and God bless! bobbiemc