Endometriosis Community
what is the normal size of the ovary?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

what is the normal size of the ovary?

i am 26 years old and 2 months ago i was diagnosed with endo. my endometrial stripe measures 1.0 and the left ovary, according to the transvaginal, measures 2.2 cm by 2.3 cm while the right ovary measures 3.6cm by 4.0 cm. my ob did not make clear what extent is the endometriosis that i have.. is this condition too serious? what is the size of a normal ovary? and what is the measure of a normal endometrial stripe?
sounds like one of your ovaries might have a cyst my right measures 2.7 by 2.1 they said thats normal my endo is 5.3 my left ovary 5.7 by 7.3 in my left was a growning cyst i have not been about to find normal for endo but they did they the two were unreaited but in your case at first they thought it was and if so it normally goes down with your periods...... sorry if this doesnt help but your numbers are alot lower then mine

I have just had an ultrasound for irregular periods and my results have come back with the following:

The uterus us slightly heterogeneous but normal size and shape with endometrial thickness of 12mm. There are cystic spaces within the endometrial lining suggestive of endometrial hyperplasia. In addition there is what appears to be a 2cm polypoidal lesion within the endometrium, which i think is just a spectrum of part of endometrial hyperplasia.

Both ovaries are enlarged with a volume on the right measuring 11.2cc and the volume on the left measuring 15.7cc with multiple peripheral follicular cysts and hyperchoic stroma. The apperances are consistant with PCO.

Can anyone break it down for me!! what is the normal measurement of an ovary, and what does it all mean.