what to expect
I was diagnosed with endometriosis a year ago with a laparoscopy. The dr. said I had endometriosis in 2 spots of my posterior cul de sac. My first symptoms happened 18 months ago with severe pain, even though I was already using birth control. Doctors didn't think it was endometriosis for several months because the pattern of the pain was not cyclical, which I now hear can happen with posterior cul de sac endometriosis? My dr. cauterized the endometriosis but the pain came back 2 weeks after the surgery. I was 20 years old when diagnosed, and am wondering if endometriosis spreads, and if I can expect it to get worst, or cause trouble getting pregnant in the future. I'm not ready for children now but I'm afraid that if I wait too long I may not be able to have any.
HI,
Birth control pills and hormones will help take care of the endometriosis after the surgery. This helps suppress the endometriosis. However it is advisable not to postpone having children for too long.
Hope this helps.