Epilepsy Community
ADVICE PLEASE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

ADVICE PLEASE

My daughter ( 21)has been diagnosed with Epilepsy. She hears music in her head. I"m not sure iif they,re called auditory hallucinations. She says its a sign that she is going to have a fit. Sometimes her speech  is such that she cant say the words she is thinking - its like she tries to talk but cant get the words out and then starts to get a bit distressed. I try to just sit with her and say dont try to talk, tell her that I'm with her and just be reassuring. This may last 10 mins or so and then it may take another 30 mins for her to be able to get words out properly. During this time she is fully aware of what is happening. She takes Tegretol and the seizures where she would convulse appear to have nearly stopped but the music in her head is becoming more frequent. I:ve looked on the internet to try and find out more but find it pretty confusing. I was hoping that maybe somebody with simiilar symptoms may be able to shed some light on the subject and I would be grateful for any tips or advice. Good luck and thank you
Tags: Mum