Epilepsy Community
Adult Gelastic and Dacrystic Seizure and Hashimoto's Encephalopathy...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adult Gelastic and Dacrystic Seizure and Hashimoto's Encephalopathy

Hi, I am a 25 y/o female who has within the past 4 months developed sudden gelastic seizures, followed by crying, and more recently now have dacrystic seizures as well.

I have within these few months been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Encephalopathy. Are the two related? I was of the belief that the H.E. caused the seizures, because I thought they were my nerves "misfiring" but now that I have been informed that they are indeed seizures, I found that the usual cause is Hypothalamic Hamartoma. Should I be concerned???? My MRI's show lesions in the temporal lobe, from the H.E., so could it just be a more rare side effect/symptom that no one else has, or should I be concerned about tumors??? Unfortunately, there is almost no info on H.E. as it is, and even less about adult gelastic seizures!

HELP!
Tags: Hashimoto's Encephalopathy, adult seizures, gelastic seizure, dacrystic seizure, Thyroid, encephalopathy
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank
caregiver222 uploaded new photos
May 20
139792 tn?1447663565
Blank
Dalubaba commented on photo
May 11
1415174 tn?1453246703