Baby is not able to lift her hand upwards after forcep delivery
HI, 2 months back, my wife had a forceps delivery and baby is normal.
The only problem she is has, she is not able to lift her hand upwards. she is 2 months old now.
Can any one suggest best pediatric neurologist in Bangalore or have any solution for this problem.
Please help !!!
Hi there,
I can confirm the possible causes only after examining your child. Based on the information shared by you it could be possible that your baby has suffered from shoulder dystocia during forceps delivery .Dystocia usually happens when the head comes out of the vagina but the shoulders become stuck. The infant can have broken bones or dislocation of the shoulders when being withdrawn. This can lead to inability to lift hands. Other possibilities are brachial plexus injuries leading to decreased movements in the hand. These are only few possibilities. For confirming the exact cause consult a Pediatrician at the earliest. Depending on the probable diagnosis he may refer your child to an advanced Pediatric care centre where a Pediatric neurologist and orthpaedician will be available. Do write to me again on how he is doing.
Take care and regards!
HI Arti,

Thanks a lot for replying. Yes we have taken my baby to CMC vellore and consulted, pediatric ortho Ms Vrisha Madhuri...
They have taken X-RAY and said bones are fine , might be some problem with the nerves. They asked us to do some physiotherapy exercises which we are doing currently.
Do you have any idea of best neuro for children in bangalore or do you stay in bangalore, if yes can yu give me the address, i can bring my baby for consulataion.
Is this condition normal and is curable ?
do she has to undergo any surgeries :(
i am very worried.