Epilepsy Community
Can Anyone Help Me?? Dizzy & Abnormal EEG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

I am 24 years old and have had bouts of dizziness that have grown into 24/7 dizziness for the past 2+ years. Eating, drinking water, lying down, sitting, etc have NEVER helped and the y (episodes) are completely sparatic with no apparent triggers. 2 EEG's came back abnormal for me. 'Heaviness' in my limbs (and head and neck too), painful joints, confusion, pain/pressure in my head, lose the feeling of being in reality, feel faint, like I will pass out but never do, hard to control motor movements, hard to speak/put together sentences, etc. It's horrifying. I can no longer work, drive, walk, or have a life... My parents and boyfriend pretty much take care of me. It's hard to wake up dizzy every morning, and all I have to look forward to is falling asleep from exhaustion from being so dizzy all day, just to wake up dizzy again. I've gone through 8 doctors. My current Neurologist is treating me for Epilepsy via anti seizure medications (Keppra, Trileptal, etc) and they're failing horribly. I need help and NOW! I have 3 weddings coming up that I am supposed to be in... I have to keep my job... I just got a ring from my boyfriend... and all I can do is cry myself to sleep every night, hoping that tomorrow I might read up on some miracle diagnosis with a cure. I've been doing that for almost 3 years. (My neuro believes this was all brought on by a concussion I received as a result of an incident from an ex boyfriend.) If you have ANY suggestions, info, advice, etc... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE message me. I'm at the point where I'm so worn down and depressed that I'm going to give up and accept my parent's couch as my home for the rest of my life.