Epilepsy Community
Can antibiotics interfere with epilepsy meds?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Hi, I've been taking 500mg of Keprra morning & night for the last 18 months to control siezures, that only seemed to happen at the point of falling asleep.

However, this week I've had a bad urine infection and was admitted in to hospital for 24hrs to be put on an intravenous drip of antibiotics and now I'm back home I've got another 5 days of tablets to take.

3 days after leaving hospital I suffered a daytime siezure (my first ever one) in the middle of the street - which was quite frightening. I guess my question is whether or not the antibiotics are messing with the keprra, or could the seizure have been caused by my body being overtired and run down?

Many thanks for any information/advice you can provide...
I believe your recent seizure during the day has nothing to do with the antibiotics that you were given at the hospital. Just because all of your seizures seem to only happen at bedtime does not mean they will not strike at some other place and time. I have noticed that if i am run down I will have more seizures.
i am running a seizure  
are there any known side affects to 55mg keppra tabs morning and at night , i am always very sleapy during the day
500mg morning and night