Epilepsy Community
Concerned for a friend

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Concerned for a friend

I have a friend that she can be singing in the choir, and all of a sudden, she just stops, and stares and she doesn't realize she's doing it until some one tells her afterwards. It's been going on for a long time. She's had 2 accidents, from blanking out. She has went to 2 different surgeons, had numerous of test done, and they can't find out what is causing it. She hasn't had any head injurys, so it just started. She is really getting worried. She had her last one yesterday, at church while singing. Help!!
You list your query under the epilepsy community, so you must suspect that she is suffering from what appears to be petit mal. What have the doctors said about this?
I don't know what is wrong with your friend but my husband has petit maul seizures where he blanks out for a few seconds to a few minutes at a time. There is no way to tell when he has one. I can be talking to him and he just spaces, sometimes rapidly blinking his eyes and sometimes talking but what he says makes no sense. Stress and anxiety bring his on. I don't know if this will help your friend or not she may have already been tested for them but it may be a place to start. Good luck to you and your friend. Best wishes, Sissie
embee24 commented on Headache Note
May 24
caregiver222 uploaded new photos
May 20
Dalubaba commented on photo
May 11