Epilepsy Community
DILANTIN SIDE EFFECTS WITH MY LIVER

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

DILANTIN SIDE EFFECTS WITH MY LIVER

I'm 21 and I have Epilepsy I was diagnosed in 5th grade and I have been on countless medications whether it be depakote, keppra, clonzapam and lamectal and nothing seems to work. However, I had a grand mal seizure 1 week ago and hit my head and even got a black eye and when I went to the hospital they told me to quit taking all my other meds and put me on  dilantin 300mg once a day. It has made my patite mal seizures subside but the side effects are ridiculous. The side effects include; not being able to concentrate, Ill feel super hot then cold and have severe chillls, severe shaking, severe muscle weakness in my legs( mostly) and my arms,muscle spasms,my stomach hurts, eye spasms( not my petite mal seizures) and I just have that body feeling somethings not right and its not the aura I get before a convulsion. I even tried taking 200mg today and sure enough the side effects are the same and my petite mal seizures came back. Somebody please please help me i DONT have medical insurance and seriously n oone will help me I cant even get a job, I just need to know if there's something wrong with my liver? I honestly cant tell if I have jondus or however its spelled because my eyes have always been dark around aand since getting a black eye it's still all bruised. But the aura im feeling ju8st isn't right.
You need to try and get Social Security to help pay for this stuff.  That would be the best way to get help and not have to pay for it.
flipper336 "I always think that the be... Comment
Jun 24
embee24 commented on Headache Note
May 24
caregiver222 uploaded new photos
May 20