Epilepsy Community
Does anyone here take Zebinix tablets for the treatment of epilepsy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Does anyone here take ZEBINIX tablets for the treatment of epilepsy. I have petit mal epilepsy (loss of conscience for a few seconds) and take it since about one year ago. It is a new drug which is having a big success that is being recognized internationally. If anyone here also takes it, please tell me if you are satisfied with the results and which is the daily dosage your doctor prescribed. Did he also prescribed you another drug you should take daily? Yes, I know each case is a case.Thanks.
Tags: Zebinix
Hi, I recently been diagnosed with focal epilepsy (sept'11) (been having absent seizures and complex partial) and was given the chance to test out Zebinix in mono therapy, as its a study, im unsure if on Zebinix or Tregetrol, aside from the side effects, believe it is doing the job.  Are you taking Zebinix as an add on therapy?
Hi stuartbungle, I also suffer from Petit Mal since 15 years ago and am taking Zebinix since about 2 years. The dose was one tablet of Zebinix 800mg every day but last month my neurologist increased that dose to 1 and a half tablet every day. Not that I was having more absence episodes (I usually have only a maximum of 3 to 4 episodes of absences in a year) but he decided to increase that dose to see if the new dose could decrease or even eliminate those episodes. My main problem is that in January of this year I had an accident while I was driving my car as I had an absence (only a few seconds of loss of consciousness) and I lost my the car  (I colided against an electrical post, a lamp-post). I am on monotherapy and don´t have any side effects. And yes, it is doing the job. But I lost my car and, at least for the next 2 years, I canºt buy another one, as I can kill someone in the streets. Suppose I can´t write here my e-mail so we could exchange mails.
Hi, i'm sorry for this late reply !! I only access this site accidentally. For my absence or petit-mal seizures I only take ZEBINIX (1200 mg daily) and am suffering from these seizures now 1/2only 4 to 5 times yearly. The problem is I can't drive anymore because I had an accident when driving my car 1 year ago. I went against an electrical or lamp post when I suddenly suffered an absence seizure.