Epilepsy Community
Does seizures cause memory loss?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Does seizures cause memory loss?

My boss does not believe that my seizures have caused memory loss and I have a hard time of remembering something.  I was dx with Pseudo Partial Complex Seizures (I think this is what the doctor told me.)  She said she did not believe I would forget to renew my seizrue medicine - something that was so important.  I told her I forgot to refill it and was late one day at work because I had to stop at the drug store to get my medicine.  She said this was not excused because this was not an unavoidable incident.  How do I answer this when I know for a fact that I forgot to get it renewed, and also that I do have memory loss.
I would not want to stress memory problems to a boss.  Instead, think of ways to avoid emergencies.  Keep a few extra pills in your desk, preferably locked up, and a reminder note in your phone about picking up your prescription.  It is a management problem.
I agree 100%. - I do not make it a habit to forget my medicine.  However, I did forget to get renewed and was told I was not telling the truth. The suggestion to be a reminder note in my phone- I thought of that and am now doing that every month.  Thanks for your response.
I think it's more from the medication then the seizures, themselves.