Epilepsy Community
Early Morning Tremors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Early Morning Tremors

I have early morning tremors when I first wake up.  I do not know if I have them during the night or not.  It is almost like I have shivers, but am not cold.  It's usually around 74 degrees in my place.  The tremors or shivers occur mainly over the left side of the chest area and left side of the body with a little bit on the right side but not much.  Always tired, even during the day.(sleep apnea)   I had a complete heart work up with echo, ultra sound and stress test about a year ago and nothing was wrong.  After I get up and get going I don't seem to have the problem the rest of the day.  I was wondering if it could be neurological.  
-History of migraines,
-I have been seeing a chiropractor for problem in C6 and C2 and T6 areas.(damage done by chiro?) never had these before  
-History of anxiety (although doesn't feel like anxiety sort of tremors)
It could be a variety of things, but I'm willing to bet you're in the early stages of developing fibromyalgia.  Your history of sleep apnea, migraines, and anxiety put you at high risk for this.  I started out the same way as you and for 5 years doctors told me it was anxiety.  I finally was referred to a rheumatologist this past Jan and was diagnosed with "emerging fibromyalgia".  

I do not have the chronic pain points that most fibro patients have, other then chronic headaches/migraines.  I mostly have transient pains.  However, my doctor has fibro too and says there are too many people that aren't correctly diagnosed with fibro simply because they aren't in chronic pain.  There's so much more to fibro then just pain.  However, he did tell me that if I had not started working on treating it while I did, I would have eventually had all the pain points.

Do you have body jerks, restless leg syndrome, sudden allergies and sensivities to foods, medications, lights, and sounds?  Signs of IBS?  Unusual bruising?  Itchy rashes?  I'm not sure if you are male or female, but if you're female, do you have worsening PMS and painful and/or irregular periods?  If so, you could be in the early stages of fibro.  Like I said, it could be other things, but it sounds like you're starting out the way I did.

Sleep apnea is a common trigger for fibro.  I'm not sure if you use the CPAP during sleep, but if not, it's important that you do.  That alone could possibly start to reverse some of thes symptoms you're having.
When I Googled this same problem I find blogs like this one where everyone is surprised they aren't the only one who has it.

I also have tremors/vibrations as I am awakening in the morning. I describe it feeling like a motor running and after I am awake it goes away. The other morning it was almost like a light switch turned it off. I think it also feels like the vibration I feel if I put my hand on a dorm style refrigerator or a cheap hotel AC unit.

I have a different idea as to what it might be. Since the vibration doesn't correspond with my heart beat I am thinking it is some sort of chemical that our body makes to wake us up. Maybe something like adrenaline. The only thing this doesn't fit is that many years ago I think I remember having it as I dozed off to sleep.  It's very puzzling since most people agree that you can't see it from the outside and it isn't the same as the heartbeat.
I have the same. Have you come across any info.
me too. none of the other symptoms like migraines, anxiety, depression. just a humming-like tremor until I get up and get going. What the heck is it?