Epilepsy Community
Epilepsy and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Epilepsy and pregnancy

Wondering about seizures in the beginning of pregnancy.  Not sure if I am pregnant yet b/c it's too early to test.
I know that there is a certain amount of anitseizure drugs that you can take while pregnant.  As we are not doctors we cannot tell you for sure what to do.  The best thing to do is to talk to your doctor and OBGYN and they can help you come up with the best course of treatment.  Good luck and be sure to come back and keep us updating.
Home pregnacy tests can test accurate even before the missed period.So test just as soon as you can! If you test positive,make an appt with your Dr as soon as possible!

It's been awhile since my pregnancies,but my Dr told me the risk of not continuing treatment for epilepsy was greater than the risk to the child.That was a new thought to me,because naturally I thought anything unnatural should be removed from the diet.I never even considered the risks of seizures and falls on the mother and unborn child.And when I went into labor,my med was carefully increased.That kind of surprised me until I went through the experience and realized how much stress the body is put through!