Epilepsy Community
Epilepsy or Anxiety Attack?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Epilepsy or Anxiety Attack?

im 17 and just trying to find any form of answers.
for the past 9 months ive been having these "attacks" where my fingers have a tingling sensation then go numb. My entire body shuts down and then i have violent muscle contractions/spasms. My fingers, arms, stomach, feet, and legs become stiff and painful and it feels like each nerve its being twisted and pulled in all different directions. My eyes and vision during this shake uncontrollably. i have been told, from those who are sometimes there with me, that my heart rate is around 140-150 bpm.

i got a blood test within the first few months of my attacks and was told that it was anxiety attacks. However, they have gotten worse and i cant find any cause of my "anxiety"; if i have any. Some times they come out of nowhere, like when im sitting in class doing nothing.
I have kept a record of most of my "attacks" and have had 52 of these "attacks" in the past 9 months.The symptoms are all the same.

the reason why i am asking is because i want to know if it is worth getting a CT/CAT scan. i dont know too much about them but i am afraid that all these attacks might be due to something in my brain. I understand that this is a post/form and that i should see a professional but im just trying to take that first step.

anything is appreciated.
I think you need to see if maybe some medication might work for you.  It would be worth a shot.  What I would do is keep pressuring a doctor for answers.  Have you ever had an EEG done?  If not maybe you should get one.  I'm sorry I can't be of more help.  
Please feel free to come back and update us.
I have been with non epileptic seizures and i have many similar symptoms as you. I am 32 weeks pregnant and i started having these during pregnancy. I have heard that these are stress induced. Mine are basically being caused by my body becoming to stressed from the baby and also by me being active. I've had to EEG's but i have never had an EEG on a day that i have had a seizure, so they are still unsure whether or not these seizures are epileptic. My father also has grandmal seizures, so they run inmy family. I hope i helped!
darobow added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
Aug 14
darobow joined this community
Welcome them!
Aug 14
UnsureMS Prays you know God Has You,... Comment
Aug 03