Epilepsy Community
False EEG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

False EEG

i was just wondering if an eeg can give a false positive because when i was 15 i had two seizure like symtoms (symptoms) in my sleep i had 2 within 2 days of eachother
the first eeg showed no seizure the second time did. i was on a heavy sleeping pill at the time phenabarbital and they think that may have caused the seizure but they said i was epileptic
i was put on dilantin but levels always low and no seizures that i know of ever since
now neurologist says he doesnt think i am epileptic and to tapper off dilantin
i have anxiety over this
and i have had no eeg in 15 years
im 30 now
Tags: seizures
anyone
From my experience no but people do grow out of it if they are lucky enough our healed from it. I was on Dilantin, Phenobarbital and Lamictal three years ago. My Dr took me off of Dilantin and no more problems. I was on Dilantin over twenty years and i was scared. Let me know what happens because depending on your dosage you would be off of it or almost by now. I wish you the best.
darobow added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
Aug 14
darobow joined this community
Welcome them!
Aug 14
UnsureMS Prays you know God Has You,... Comment
Aug 03