Epilepsy Community
First time having a grand-mal seziure...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

I'll start with this. When I was young, around 9-10 I had epilepsy. I would have what they call "absence seizures". What would happen is I would be doing something, whether it's playing a board game, eating food, or talking to someone, and I would pause for 10 seconds and totally blank out. Then I would just continue doing what I was doing like normal, as if there was no pause.

This is how it all started. I went to my friend's cabin one night. Now that day, I did not have very much to eat or drink. When I got out to the cabin, I drank 4 shots of rum and 6 regular beers. I was not very drunk, just slightly buzzed. I also had a full Cuban cigar. It was my first time smoking anything. So that night I went to bed, like normal. I got up early that morning (only got 5 hours of sleep) and tried drinking some tea. I wasn't able to keep it down, threw it up. So I tried to eat some chips and Pepsi, that helped a little. I made my way home no problem. My parents bought me a breakfast sandwich hoping that the grease would settle my stomach.

Anyways, me my father and my brother went out of town to look at a car for my brother. On the way out, say 30 minutes I blacked out. My father told me my eyes rolled up in my head and I started compulsing and foaming from the mouth. I was throwing up all over the place and going in and out of consciousness. Eventually they brought me home. I could barely hold my own body up and make my way into the house, so my parents helped me in and put me to bed.

They said I slept for about 5 hours. When I got up, I was feeling back to normal.

My question: Is this something to worry about? Will I be having seizures in the future? Should I go and tell the doctor about this?

TIA
Bump... should I go to the doctor? I'm only asking a forum because I am afraid I will lose my license if I report that I have had a seizure.
Go see a doctor!!! I have epilepsy and am currently not able to drive until my seizures are under control again. I know how frustrating it is not being able to drive, but you need to ask yourself. Is it be smarter to not to see a doctor and possibly have a seizure behind the wheel and kill someone or see a doctor.