Epilepsy Community
Has anyone else experienced this side effect?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Has anyone else experienced this side effect?

Has anyone with or without Depression experienced depression symptoms or thoughts of suicide as a side effect of their antiepileptic medication? This happened to me on Topamax. I was weaned off the drug quickly. my doctor is looking for something else. In the meantime I am having daily seizures.
Blank
Hi there,
Every drug is associated with some side effects. Topamax can lead to suicidal thoughts or actions. Anyone on Topamax experiencing suicidal thoughts or actions, increased depression, anxiety, panic attacks, restlessness, insomnia, irritability, aggression or an extreme increase in activity after taking this drug should inform their doctor immediately. You need an alternative antiepileptic at the earliest to reduce the frequency of your seizure attacks.Antiepileptics are prescribed based on the type of seizures. Consult your neurologist.
Take care and regards!
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
Every drug is associated with some side effects. Topamax can lead to suicidal thoughts or actions. Anyone on Topamax experiencing suicidal thoughts or actions, increased depression, anxiety, panic attacks, restlessness, insomnia, irritability, aggression or an extreme increase in activity after taking this drug should inform their doctor immediately. You need an alternative antiepileptic at the earliest to reduce the frequency of your seizure attacks.Antiepileptics are prescribed based on the type of seizures. Consult your neurologist.
Take care and regards!
Blank
3547166_tn?1347817600
Thank you for your help. I will contact my Neurologist.
Blank
This drug is dangerous!  My daughter was never depressed, she was getting her license, she was trying out for American Idol, she was a beautiful soul and six weeks after taking this drug, she was dead!  She took her own life! No one ever told me the side effects and I called the doctor every week for the six weeks she was on this medicine and every time all she said was she needs to build her tolerance.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
Blank
al505 joined this community
Welcome them!
Jul 22
8227746_tn?1405860574
Blank
discotimelord is ... feelin good Comment