Epilepsy Community
I think i have Epilepsy, and Ive been driving, please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Hi, basicly my life is quite complicated. I have a mild disability and I think I suffer from slight depression because I dont do a lot on my days off college. I lack motivation to do work etc and will just watch tv and go on fb. I have no job and sometimes feel useless. I hate my legs so wont show them to anyone but know I think I will have to face that fear and go to the doctor.

So when I had a seizure during my sleep I never did anything about it. I was scared, I dont like talking to people and I hate the idea of hospitals cos i hate myself so dont like the idea of having someone prod me.

I had my first one over a year ago in my sleep and i was aware I was moving uncontrollably. I thought it was an earth quake at first and could see flashing lights/patterns in my mind. I thought at first that it could be because of excess computer playing games (World of warcraft).

I carried on learning to drive and passed my driving test but because of my confidence issues I rarely drive alone. and I was worried because I felt my independance would be taken away from me. I couldnt understand buses at the time.

Probably I year or less later I had another one, probably due to extreme tiredness from doing work experience all day.

Now probably about 5 or  months later I am having problems with my eyes, They roll and twitch (which could just be stress). I am going to tell the doctor but I'm worried about the fact I have been driving whist Ive had 2 seizures in my sleep. Will they do anything about it? I know you can loose your driving licence but I am scared I will have to pay a fine or worse.

I do not know the cause of these siezures, it could be damage caused by me falling off a horse but i do not know the exact time of either the fall or the siezure. I could have just developed it because of my cerebral palsy. I am worried about what my parents will think, because I will have to explain all my problems they are so ignorant about :S
I know this is not what you want to hear, but you need to go see a doctor.  They are the only ones who can help you.  
Hi hunn, so I'm now 24 and was diagnosed with epilepsy at 16....yep that's right sweet sixteen my ***! On 2 days before my birthday that's what I get  to hear. Anyway....I have decided not to drive. It is a very personal decision. In Idaho(where I live) you are not supposed to drive for 3 months after a seizure and I was so on and off with my seizures I just broke my licence in half at the DMV and stormed out in tears. (I was really sad at the time.) I am ok now I never got in any trouble and my doc has now even said he would be fine with me driving....like I said this is totally up to you and the doc. And well your state law. Good luck :)
I went through all the same fears this time last year. I did not get in any kind of trouble for driving prior to being diagnosed and after the dmv reviewed me and my nerologists' documentation I was allowed to keep my license. I often feel like I just can not get out of bed and have trouble thinking and putting coherent thoughts together. Oddly I just got a puppy a couple days ago and well I am extremely tired it is improving my mood, desire to do anything during the day and it she has made me feel a lot better