Aa
A
A
Close
Inner ear / sinus issues cause seizures?
Can either an inner ear issue, such as fluid on the ear, or a chronic sinus infection lead to seizures?   I have been suffering for about 7 years from chronic sinus infections along with a tremendous amount of fluid on my ears first thing in the morning.  I have seen an ENT 4 times who repeatedly tells me there is no fluid on my ears. ( I know what I feel when I first get out of bed in the mornings.)  I began to have a few days of fluid filled ears, then a few days waking up with the feeling that the top of my head was filled with concrete, then a few days with vertigo problems.  At the height of these issues I have a day filled with simple partial seizures which go away after I have had a nights rest along with a trip to the Dr. for antibiotics.  After a year of this recurring pattern, I had a grand mal seizure after several hours of the simple partial seizures.  Trip to the ER to be told (following a CT Scan) that all they could see was a severe sinus infection on both sides.  Six more months of sinus infections followed by a 2nd Grand mal, again at the end of a long day of partial seizures.  This time after another trip to the ER I was placed on Dilantin.  The seizures have completely gone away on the medication, but a visit to 2 different Neurologists have really told me nothing.  I have had an MRI, Ultrasound of my caratoid arteries and an EEG which all show...nothing.  I don't know whether to ride it out or to seek another ENT.  Can you give me advice?  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
574101 tn?1245540620
find a good ent
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1415174 tn?1453246703
Blank
mkh9 When you've been knocked do... Comment
Nov 22
1415174 tn?1453246703
Blank