Epilepsy Community
Inner ear / sinus issues cause seizures?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Can either an inner ear issue, such as fluid on the ear, or a chronic sinus infection lead to seizures?   I have been suffering for about 7 years from chronic sinus infections along with a tremendous amount of fluid on my ears first thing in the morning.  I have seen an ENT 4 times who repeatedly tells me there is no fluid on my ears. ( I know what I feel when I first get out of bed in the mornings.)  I began to have a few days of fluid filled ears, then a few days waking up with the feeling that the top of my head was filled with concrete, then a few days with vertigo problems.  At the height of these issues I have a day filled with simple partial seizures which go away after I have had a nights rest along with a trip to the Dr. for antibiotics.  After a year of this recurring pattern, I had a grand mal seizure after several hours of the simple partial seizures.  Trip to the ER to be told (following a CT Scan) that all they could see was a severe sinus infection on both sides.  Six more months of sinus infections followed by a 2nd Grand mal, again at the end of a long day of partial seizures.  This time after another trip to the ER I was placed on Dilantin.  The seizures have completely gone away on the medication, but a visit to 2 different Neurologists have really told me nothing.  I have had an MRI, Ultrasound of my caratoid arteries and an EEG which all show...nothing.  I don't know whether to ride it out or to seek another ENT.  Can you give me advice?  
find a good ent