Is smoking weed going to make me have a seizure
I have been smoking marijuana for a while now and i have epilepsy, i had my first seizure when i was 10 and was put on medication for it for 5 years and never had one since then. Along with the medication i would smoke weed and nothing would happen and i got off the medication about a year and a half ago and since then id been smoking weed all day everyday and nothing happened up until and couple days ago when i took a 6 day break off smoking , i took 2 bong hits then about 20 minutes later i had a seizure. Now im nervous that everytime i smoke ill have one and im nervous to smoke now which is odd cause im so used to smoking. i had a headcold while it happened and was taking buckleys and clariton for allergies. do you think maybe that the medication had something to do with it ? Help cause im worried to smoke , what should i do , is it going to effect my epilepsy ?? I dont want to have a seizure again .. please help
The only person who could know that for sure is a doctor.  I can tell you it may have something to do with it  I'm sorry I can't be of more help.  Good luck and come back and updated.
Well i went to my doctors a few days ago about the seizure i had. He asked me if i did any other drugs and i told him no because i truly dont , and asked him if smoking weed caused my seizure, he said that it was hard to tell because it both can provoke and cause seizures, i told him i did it on a every day basis and he asked if i had a cold at all. I told him about the headcold and he said because i went a couple days after it was hard to tell and i got to go to my neurologist again. I hope when they run tests everything looks clear but i've been feeling depressed lately from it and getting alot of headaches, i hope the marijuana had nothing to do with it because im not a drinker and smoking marijuana helps my stomache problems. I hope i can still smoke, but i wont know for a while because i still havnt gotten a call from my neurologist and its been almost a week, i really want the tests run because ive been stressed out lately
All I can tell you as the sister-in-law of an Epileptic who smokes weed is that it may have something to do with it.  I don't even think he knows for sure, almost 8 years later.
I have since then smoked weed but only one hit off a joint and i would get paranoid .. i did it about 2 days in a row but its not the same as it use to and i havnt smoked in about 2 weeks now. I have an EEG test coming up on july 25th and i will see if i really did have a seizure or not. I hope i can start smoking again and go back to normal i feel left out of all my friends now they all smoke and i dont. I've gotten sudden anger swings and somedays swings of depression and its something i dont like. like i said hopefully everything goes well , my mom said just relax and take some time but i like i said i sometimes get anger swings and marijuana always helped before , i also have anxiety and it helped that aswell .. now that i don't smoke i can't stay at school for full days because i get light waves over my arms and head and my hearts races and i leave and go home .. i feel like im just getting more bad news everyday and im gettin sick of it. can't wait for this month to pass