Epilepsy Community
Is this normal for epilepsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Is this normal for epilepsy

I had a baby 8 months ago and about 10 minutes after having the baby I started shaking on the right side of my body. I felt like I coundnt breath. It ended up that I stopped breathing and ended up in ICU. They tought I had a brain anuerysm so I was sent to UCLA for a femoral artery angiogram. While on the table they injected dyeinto the left side of my brain and I immediatly had a seizure. Only the right side was affected. Thedoctor told me I had a seizure disorder on the left side of my brain that causes the right side to shake. Since January I have had some sort of episode at least every week and a half. I notice that I will feel tingling in my lower legs and/or arms. Lately (the last 2 mon.) I have noticed that my right eye will start to twitch and sag before an episode. Over the last few months I have noticed that my episodes have changed to. Instead of a constnt shaking on the right side it is some shaking and a tensing of the muscles on the right side only. I usualy have a headache on the left side of my head before and after. I have also started to notice that lately before an episode it is like my brain is grinding to a hault. I get "stuck." For example I was cooking and I got stuck with a can in my hand. The muscles were so tensed I couldnt let go and my husband had o pry the can out of my hand. I had never experienced anything like this until I had my baby. My nuerologist thinks it is epilepsy. The other strange thing is these episodes of muscle contraction and seizing can last for over 30 minutes. I am awke during it, but I cant talk or express myself. I am usually stuck where ever it happens. I also have a hard time talking for about 10 to 15 minutes afterward. It is like my brain has to reboot. Does this sound like epilepsy???? Any advice?
Tags: epilepsy
It does sound like you have it.  As far as I know everyone has a time that they can't remember. Also you are awake,but unable to express yourself If you are worried you should probably get an EEG (if you have not gotten one).  
have them check for vitamin deficiancys.
embee24 commented on Headache Note
May 24
caregiver222 uploaded new photos
May 20
Dalubaba commented on photo
May 11