Epilepsy Community
Is this normal for epilepsy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is this normal for epilepsy

I had a baby 8 months ago and about 10 minutes after having the baby I started shaking on the right side of my body. I felt like I coundnt breath. It ended up that I stopped breathing and ended up in ICU. They tought I had a brain anuerysm so I was sent to UCLA for a femoral artery angiogram. While on the table they injected dyeinto the left side of my brain and I immediatly had a seizure. Only the right side was affected. Thedoctor told me I had a seizure disorder on the left side of my brain that causes the right side to shake. Since January I have had some sort of episode at least every week and a half. I notice that I will feel tingling in my lower legs and/or arms. Lately (the last 2 mon.) I have noticed that my right eye will start to twitch and sag before an episode. Over the last few months I have noticed that my episodes have changed to. Instead of a constnt shaking on the right side it is some shaking and a tensing of the muscles on the right side only. I usualy have a headache on the left side of my head before and after. I have also started to notice that lately before an episode it is like my brain is grinding to a hault. I get "stuck." For example I was cooking and I got stuck with a can in my hand. The muscles were so tensed I couldnt let go and my husband had o pry the can out of my hand. I had never experienced anything like this until I had my baby. My nuerologist thinks it is epilepsy. The other strange thing is these episodes of muscle contraction and seizing can last for over 30 minutes. I am awke during it, but I cant talk or express myself. I am usually stuck where ever it happens. I also have a hard time talking for about 10 to 15 minutes afterward. It is like my brain has to reboot. Does this sound like epilepsy???? Any advice?
Tags: epilepsy