Keppra for IGE?
My 15 year old son had his first seizure 18 months ago.  He has had 20 grand mals.  Recently switched from lamotrogine ( he was up tp 900 mg a day) now on keppra 2500 mg/day.  
Has anyone had success with keppra for primary generalized seizures in monotherapy?
Desperate for hope that this will end :)
Everyone is different.  The only person who knows how this will turn out is a doctor.  You son and you need to remember that every once in awhile you may need to change your medication in order to remain seizure free.  The big thing that you need to remember is that the only way to tell that a medication is working is by getting blood drawn and checking for antibodies.
I started having seizures when I was 12 yrs. and they put me on dilantin and other meds.  they never got under control so good until I went to a new doctor (because I moved) and at that time I was about 38, and the doctor did a MRI and other test.  He then said to me the first thing we have to do is get you off of dilantin. He showed me that that pill was eating up half of my brain (it is called cerebellar atrophy).  He slowly put me on different levels of Keppra and I haven't been better.  I still have seizures but they are under control and only a few a month.  The level of Keppra I'm on now is 500mg twice a day.  I'm also on Dilantin and tegertol..........Please don't go on Dilantin go on Keppra....Good Luck
My husband has been on 750 twice a day 08/01/2011.  02/12 he started having seizures again, so they moved him up to 3,000 a day.  04/12 changed him to Dilatan and keppra  more seizures. 05/12 put back on keppra only 3,500 mg. 06/12 seizures moved to keppra 4,000 mg a day!  He has had only 1 seizures since been on 4,000,  but this is a very high dosage.  He is going to see an seizures specialist.  Hoping he can get this dosage down.
Hi, I got diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 15 three years ago I have only ever been on keppra, my dosage at one point was 2000 each morning and each night. All it made me do was sleep. Now I'm on 750 in the morning and 50 mg of vimpat then 1000 of keppra on the night and another 50 of vimpat. My seizures are now more controlled. Personally keppra on its own as a great controller
It's never taken to me too well.