Epilepsy Community
Lamictal cheaper in Canada, Cutting meds to afford them

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

I just found out my 21 y/o daughter has been taking half of her doctor ordered dose in order to save MONEY!  She is on lamictal, works 2 jobs, has health insurance, but Lamictal is a third tier drug for them and costs $5 a pill in the US. I bought her Zarontin (she was on that from age 3-10) before from a pharmacy in Canada. She is now buying her lamical in Canada. If you email me privately I will give you the email of that company.  The neuro saw her Wednesday and told her that, at her current dose of 150mg a day (she's supposed to be on 150mg TWICE a day) that she is on less than what the neuro gives her migraine patients!!, and that she is putting herself in danger.  I wonder if permanent brain damage can occur from doing this?
pls tell me the name or place where you can get the lamictal. My husband has been laid off for 4months and I've been w/o mine completely!
I use         http://www.77canadapharmacy.com/  They are very thorough and you do need a prescription.
Hope this helps.
Colleen
PS What med are you on?
darobow added the Heart Rhythm Tracker
Aug 14
darobow joined this community
Welcome them!
Aug 14
UnsureMS Prays you know God Has You,... Comment
Aug 03