Aa
A
A
Close
Medication question
My husband has is dilantin very low and I was wondering if he can increase his medication to 200 mg.I was also wondering why does that keep happening and what is the side effects for the dilantin.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
The only person who would know if he can increase his dosage is his doctor.  My understanding is that there has to be certain antibodies present in his bloodstream, that can only be seen during a blood test.  I know that seizure meds can have negative side effects.  You can have memory loss, shakes, but I can't know for sure if that is what he is feeling.  I am not a doctor just a person who knows a thing or two about this.  Please come back and update us on how he is doing.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
5466288 tn?1410488785
Your husband's Dilantin level may be low due to the way his body is using it.The med is known to 'find it's way' to all the organs,the bones and teeth.I was recently talking to someone who yrs ago had the same problem with a low Dilantin count.Her Dr even accused her of not taking her medication! But when she ended up in the hospital and was being given the medicine,that arguement would no longer suffice! Testing was done and she was told the med was "leaking" into other places.So your husband definitely needs to see his Dr! No home-doctoring!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1415174 tn?1453246703
Blank
mkh9 When you've been knocked do... Comment
Nov 22
1415174 tn?1453246703
Blank