Epilepsy Community
My 9 month old is having some sort of seizures.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

My son is having some sort of blank out "spells" "seizures" what e ver you may call them. He basically glares at one spot in a room for sometimes up to 3 minutes and theres nothign you can do to him to even get any sort of a response. There are times where he sleeps and i cant wake him up what so ever. im talking, i could tickle this boy and he wont even budge. Since he was born he has not been a good sleeper, and no joke takes 2 20 minute naps per day and is up the majority of the day. sleeps only 8 hours at night. Now, since this started randomly 7 days ago, hes been taking 2-3 hour naps and sleeping 12 hours at night. We have him at the hospital, theyve done an MRI, EKG, EEG, CAT SCAN, BLOOD WORK, AND X RAYS, and everything is comming back normal negative and hes okay medically. Something isnt right. This isnt the same boy i gave birth to. is there a possibilty that doctors are missing something? Hes about to be discharged and im scared to bring him home because i still dont know whats happening to him. this started off as breath holding spells. he'd turn blue, pass out, shake a little, than wake up. What should i do? and What questions should i be asking these doctors to make sure they are doing everything they can for him?
Hey there, I've been having a lot of seizures this past year, and nothing abnormal showed up on any of my tests either. There are some patients that are like that. Especially if they dont have a seizure during the test. Now i will tell you this: I've heard many stories of babies having seizures and then "growing out of them" and not having any more when they get older. There is nothing the hospital can do for your child by keeping him there. Only a general practitioner can really help. Believe me, I've dealt with this for a while now. I would suggest setting up a doctor's appointment as soon as possible, and in the meantime doing whatever research you can on the matter. I hope this helps.
Yeah thats what ive been attempting to do. Research some stuff. Ive already made a doctors appointment. Ive heard of babies growing out of these phases as well, but my son is acting entirely different. Its crazy that his entire personality and actions changed with in 6 days. it makes no sense to me :(
mkh9 commented on mkh9's status
Aug 28
mkh9 100 degrees in San Diego an... Comment
Aug 28
flipper336 "Every morning we are born ... Comment
Aug 22