My son has epilepsy and I have a few questions
So my son was diagnosed with epilepsy last year however there was no specific information with it.  He was started on Depakote and to make a long story short it didn't work.  He was switched to Lamictal which has worked better.  3 weeks ago we switched in neurologist (insurance reasons) and ordered a 48 hour video EEG.  We just got a call today from the neurologists nurse and the EEG results show Left Frontal Lobe generalized epilepsy. His seizures usually consist of his eyes blinking rapidly and blank stares.  Occasionally he gets very stiff and paralyzed for a couple minutes at which point he does not lose consciousness.  His Lamictal dose is getting increased but the major problems that we have are the following:
He is some pretty significant speech problems.  Is that related to the epilepsy and will that ever get better?
He is a very sweet boy but sometimes he breaks down and cries for no reason.  Is there a link there?
Is there a chance that he will ever grow out of this?
Is there any other things that I should be looking out for or should expect.
You didn't mention the age of your son or the dosage of Lamictal. Lamictal is a pretty good drug but without the other information, it is difficult to make any suggestions.
I have had them for 25 years since age 5, I am now 30 with 2 kids. So I would say outgrowing them is pretty rare.  I was recently put on Lamictal and it does seem to work, however I have other issues that could counteract the medication.  It is really just something he has to learn to live with and adjust to.  Its not easy thats for sure, but with the right medical support and family support he will do just fine.