Need help interpreting EEG Result
I had an EEG in 2007 that said i had epileptoform activity.
Here is one done now - what does it mean? Does it mean I don't have it anymore?
The neuro I saw didnt't see the EGG as it was late in its arrival but said to me I don't have epileptic seizures after I described what was happening to me and was somewhat annoyed during the entire consult. I also arrived late because I have a memory issue + have to organise someone to drive me and ended up being late due to both reasons. He talked annoyed the entire time and rushed me which was making my head quite sore. Anyway, here it is:
There are random medium amplitude shar discharges noted over the right temporal region, with phase reversals at T4 and eqi-potential zone noted between F8-T4.
During spontaneous sleep a mild excess of beta activity and occassional spike discharges were noted over the right frontal region, with phase reversal at F4.
The resting trace shows a background of 9-10 Hz, 90-100 micro volts symmetrical, sinusoidal, posterior dominant alpha activity over both hemispheres responsive to eye opening and closure.
During spontaneous sleep vertex sharp waves, sleep spindles and diffuse slow waves were seen bilaterally.
Hyperventilation did not provoke any abnomality. Photic stimulation induces driving response bilaterally.
An EKG shows heart rate of 89-91 bpm.

conclusion: the EEG has sharply contoured theta in the right temporal leads during this record. No compelling epileptoform or epileptogenic changes are seen.

final note: although, i was told to stay on topamax by neuro (while the EEG had not come out at that time).
so does this mean i am cured?  i was told i couldn't be a few years ago. i am so confused!!!! brain stroke has something to do with it hahaha but these damn medical people are confusing the hell out of me... and in his report he says "she is convinced she has seizures" .. err NO?! medics like him said i had it and i had no reason not to believe! Had someone told me they lied hahahaha then i would not believed it. its amazing how some people are so unprofessional in their interactions!