Epilepsy Community
Nonepileptic seizures
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Nonepileptic seizures

What are the causes of these? I started having nonepileptic diagonosed by the ER with normal EEG results and no MRI at 24 weeks pregnant and i am now 33 weeks and 5 days. What could be causing this? I do not have anxiety and i have not been sexually abused.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
I cannot confirm anything without a complete medical history and clinical examination. There are several conditions which can mimic seizures like a syncope, parasomnias, and movement disorders. There is a condition called psychogenic nonepileptic seizure (PNES) in which there are sudden and time-limited disturbances of motor, sensory, autonomic, cognitive, and/or emotional functions, these are psychogenically determined. Other conditions mimicking seizures are conversion disorder, panic attacks and migraine attacks. Sometimes a video EEG may be recommended which records EEG pattern during a particular time period. It is also advisable to rule out preeclampsia. Do discuss these possibilities with your doctor. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Hi there,
I cannot confirm anything without a complete medical history and clinical examination. There are several conditions which can mimic seizures like a syncope, parasomnias, and movement disorders. There is a condition called psychogenic nonepileptic seizure (PNES) in which there are sudden and time-limited disturbances of motor, sensory, autonomic, cognitive, and/or emotional functions, these are psychogenically determined. Other conditions mimicking seizures are conversion disorder, panic attacks and migraine attacks. Sometimes a video EEG may be recommended which records EEG pattern during a particular time period. It is also advisable to rule out preeclampsia. Do discuss these possibilities with your doctor. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1780921_tn?1384615710
Blank
flipper336 "I hear and I forget. I see... Comment
Oct 22
Blank
teddybears4ever2 I love to workout Comment