Epilepsy Community
Pot and seizures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Pot and seizures

I am a 60 year old female and after smoking pot I had two seizures. Never had that happen before but have passed  out twice from pot in the past. I felt totally fine afterwards. Needless to say I will never smoke again! My question is do I need to get checked by a doctor? I don't really want to get that info. on my medical records or should I just say I had a seizure.
If I were you I would still go to the doctor and just let them know.  As a sister-in-law of someone who had a seizure for the very same reason.  It turned out he did have a problem.  Good luck and keep us updated.
Could you tell me what kind of problem? I have no medical insurance so wonder who to even go to.
Thank you so much for answering this!
It turned out he was an epileptic.  I would call around and see if you can find a place that can either come up with a pay plan or help you out.  You may even qualify for disability if you get an official diagnoses.
Thank you so much for your response. This has really weighed heavily on my mind. I will call a clinic tomorrow and get an appointment.
Thanks again! I'll let you know what they say...