Seizure activity when trying to go to sleep...
Almost every time I close my eyes to go to sleep I begin to have seizures.  I found out recently through an EEG that I am not asleep when the seizures start like I thought I was. I was also told that my seizures are non-epileptic seizures.  I'm having trouble believing this diagnosis because the Dr. told me it might be due to a traumatic event in my life.  I can't think of anything that fits this "traumatic event".  Aren't there certain types of seizures that an EEG won't see?  I had 5 seizures while being monitored, but no seizure activity on the EEG.  Before I was able to get an appointment to the EEG monitoring unit my Neurologist put me on Keppra and with minor changes in the dosage it finally began to work.  I went 3 nights without having a seizure (before EEG testing).  The Dr. has since taken me off of the meds and the seizures are back.  It is very difficult to sleep or sleep for long periods of time and feel that I'm going somewhat crazy.  Has anyone else had these same type of Symptoms????
I did have full body myclonic seizures as i was going to sleep due to magnesium deficiency.  They lasted a few seconds at a time like i had been electrocuted but didn't hurt.  I had myclonic jerks as i was going to sleep with vitamin B12 deficiency. Crazy ones..almost hit myself in the face. :)