Short term memory loss due to seizures or Epilepsy
I am 49 years old and have been having simple partial seizures and grand mal seizures for the past 2 years.  Started out with simple partial seizures and ocular migraines, but I didn't know what it was, so I ignored it for about a year.  I could tell they were getting worse and also noticed I would feel nauseous sometimes & pass out - other times smell a funny smell and pass  out.  I went to a neurologist and had EEG & MRI & table tilt test, nothing was found. Finally one day at work I had a grand mal seizure witnessed by several co-workers.  I went to the ER and it was confirmed I had a grand mal seizure.  My neurologist put me on Lamactal and said there isn't always a reason people have seizures - does this mean it could be epilepsy?  I now have short term memory loss and am in my final 30-day PIP plan for poor performance at my job due to my memory loss.  I fear I'll lose any job I obtain because of my medical condition.  Does the short term memory loss return after being on medication?  
I have heard that memory loss can be a problem on a lot of seizure medication.  I know that my brother-in-law talks about it.  That might be something you want to bring up with your doctor. See if maybe you can get some kind of documentation about this problem.  They can't fire you on account of a disability that's illegal.
Luckily, under the ADA, it is illegal to fire you for a disability. I don't know how the law works, but it seems that discussing this with your employer and seeing ways to make changes that you can both live with to accommodate this would help. Memory can be a problem, I found, from both the seizures and the meds. I was finally diagnosed in 1971, long before ADA, :-( . I should have bought stock in Post-It Notes! I write a lot down, and found that using writing, repeating back what I'm told (if it's appropriate to do so) and even just letting folks know it helps me to have things written is useful. So does a good sense of humor, and a lot of synonyms. I was 27 when my grand mal seizures started, older than when I was diagnosed with petit mals, and that's when the memory problems got really bad--the seizures at one point were so bad that my (now ex) husband said I recognized only my three little sons, and for awhile I had every woman's dream--a new closet full of clothes every day. That's because I didn't recognise them! I don't mean to make light of the memory stuff, my friend. I'm 65 now, and I can't tell a memory problem from a senior moment. Geesh!!! Hope this helps some, or at least helps you smile a little.