Slow Brain Waves/EEG
What does it mean if you have slow brain waves on EEG? What does it have to do with my epilepsy? I have Partial Complex seizures that sometimes proceed to generalized.
Thanks!
To me it represents that you have seizure activity going on in your brain.  I had the same time told to me back in 1986 by the Western Neurology Group.  Shortly after that, I was given Tegretol but, the morons gave me Atavan at the same time. The two medication do not work together.  Look these medications up and you will see it for yourself. There is a drug interaction between Tegretol and Atavan.
Electroencephalography (EEG) is the measurement of electrical activity produced by the brain as recorded from electrodes placed on the scalp.
When a routine EEG is done in a patient with suspected or known epilepsy, often it is to look for inter-ictal discharges (i.e., abnormal activity resulting from "brain irritability" that shows a possible predisposition to epileptic seizures.
Delta is the frequency range up to 3 Hz. It tends to be the highest in amplitude and the slowest waves. It is seen normally in adults in slow wave sleep. It is also seen normally in babies. It may occur focally with subcortical lesions and in general distribution with diffuse lesions, metabolic encephalopathy hydrocephalus or deep midline lesions.
What it basically indicates is that its presence in your EEG when you are not asleep is pathological i.e. indicative of the possible area in your brain which is triggering your epileptic seizures.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography

I thought that slow brain waves meant that I was brain damaged, Is this right?
If one is having a sleep deprived eeg, wouldn't it be normal to have slow waves appear on an eeg then?
hi, friend.. i m from india wrking in a hospital ...ur slow waves are coming because of might be u r in sleep or u cant say it as brain damage..it comes sometimes if u have epileptic disease or PCS.
I was worry to see what it means to (slowing in the left temporal area as well as on the right side).  I'm nervous for that because I had 2 surgery for my epilepsy. The first one was in May 2008 and the second in January 2009.

When I saw my Doctor in  December he askes my opinion for a third surgery, because I still have some. So I'm nervous and try to understand what is about the slow waves ...

If you can help me with that it will be appreciated...

If this slowing shows up in your sleep can it effect your sleep? Could I be having seizures in my sleep?
I just went and got my results from my eeg and they said my eeg was normal but I have slow activity in my brain. I had a grand mal seizure when I was 14 and they couldn't figure out why and til this day I have been having little mini seizures. And again they can't find out why. I was wondering what they meant when they said I have slow activity in my brain. Can anybody tell me?
if you have slowing brain waves after neuro surgery it can because of the areas of the brain that was removed do to your epilepsy surgery it can also mean a arachnoid cyst developed in the area of removal so i would recommend a mri to rule that out. Other than that slowing of the brain waves is very common to see in post epilepsy surgery patients in the area of removal. But if the slowing is in a totally different area it will be of more concern.