Strange Episodes: Partial Seizures?
Recently, I have been having strange episodes.  They start off with a tingling on one side of my head; like electricity is flowing through my skin.  Then it usually "grows" to include the arm on the same side of my body.  My face on that side will twitch too.  During the episodes, I can't speak; however, I am aware and can hear and understand.  Sometimes, it only happens once, and the episodes over in about 3 minutes.  Sometimes, they happen in a cluster, and it takes about 15 minutes for them to go away.  I had a 5 day VEEG done 18 months ago, and they found nothing.  They were, however, investigating only my episodes I have thaty mimick grand mal seizures at that time.  Those were diagnosed as psychogenic non-epileptic seizures.  These episodes weren't happening then though, and they feel different.  Could they have missed something?  I don't want to spend alot of money again if I'm mistaken.
is your vision effected? do these episodes have any possible triggers that you've noticed, such as standing up from a seated or lying position?
Yes, my vision is sometimes affected.  During very severe ones, I will have hallucinations.  However, I haven't found a possible trigger for these kind of episodes yet.
i used to get weird episodes that included the tingling and loss of vision you describe - it totally felt like electricity, and i could hear and was aware as well. it went on from about the time i was 12 until i was in my 20s, and though i saw a slew of neurologists and had a history of seizures, they never diagnosed me with anything. my only abnormal test was the EEG.

anyway, i was trying to figure out something else when i stumbled upon an article about POTS. i am pretty convinced that's what i had. basically it's related to your heart. i don't know if that's what you have, but it's worth looking into. good luck!

Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_orthostatic_tachycardia_syndrome
Thanks!  I forget your heart can cause weird things like that.  Something to think about.