Switching from Dilantin to Keppra
Anyone know how to monitor the psychological side effects of Keppra. I'm transitioning from Dilantin (after 30 years) to Keppra. This is week 3 so I'm in build up mode...taking 500 Dilantin + 1000mg Keppra and it's kicking my butt.

Feel like a zombie, slept 10 hrs last night and 7 hours this afternoon. I'm feeling a sense of futility, tired of taking unrelated heart meds - have actually stopped taking them. Not sure if it's the Keppra or just plain tired of life.

Did any of you who went through a similar transition experience this sense of futility? Doc told me to watch out for depression, but I've been depressed for many years and she knows it! So not sure how to distinguish if Keppra is making me stop taking my heart meds or it's me just tired of things....I'm not sure if I'm making any sense?!
I am so sorry you are going through this!  I am on day 1 of switching from Dilantin to kepra so I don't have much advice to give you but please check back with your doctor asap I hope you already have!  good luck!