Threw Up Zonisamide--Take Again?
I drank too much last night and didn't get enough sleep.  Know that's bad and that rarely ever happens for me.  But I normally take 5 pills of zonisamide at night... Forgot before I went to sleep so I took when I woke up.  About an hour later I threw up everything in my stomach (didn't realize that I probably also threw up my medicine until later).  The whole day I have been extremely nautilus... This morning about an hour after I got home I thought I was going to puke again so went to the restroom, and instead I had a seizure.  Then I took 5 more pills since I probably didn't have any medicine in my system.  Then 3.5 hours later I threw up everything in my stomach again.  Is that enough time that the medicine was absorbed or do I need to take more?  I'm thinking ill probably take three pills then tonight go back to taking 5 before bed on my normal schedule.  Want to know others thoughts.
Hi here,
Zonisamide is absorbed rapidly and its peak plasma levels are reached 2 to 4 hours after the capsules are taken.Vomiting,nausea are few side effects of Zonisamide.People on zonisamide should not take alcohol since zonisamide can increase the effects of alcohol. You have already repeated the dosage and have vomited after that. It is advisable to contact your doctor and take the next dose only after consulting ypur doctor. Do write to me again with more queries.
Best luck and regards!