Epilepsy Community
Topamax withdrawal? Is this normal?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Topamax withdrawal? Is this normal?

Hi there, I don't have epilepsy but I've been taking topamax for a different medical condition, and since it's an anti-seizure medication typically I was hoping I might find some people with experience with this drug here. (I also tried in the forum for my actual condition but I'm not expecting many results since it's not frequently prescribed for it and that forum seems kinda empty.)

I've been taking 100mg of topamax daily for about 6 months and it was highly effective. I tolerated it extremely well, my only side effects were that I got tired more frequently and it killed my appetite. I'm a college student and I just moved back into my dorm this week, and like the idiot I am I forgot my topamax at home which is a two hour drive away. (Along with my wallet but that's another story entirely). So I've been forced to go cold turkey from it until I can talk to the psychiatrist here, who I won't have an appointment with for at least a week. (I can't even make an appointment until I get cleared by the counselor tomorrow)

I've been experiencing itching all over my body for the past few days, particularly intense in my arms. (I've had a fixation with my arms in the past, however) I've also been experiencing tingling in my extremities, and very recently started experiencing severe chest pain. What I want to know is, could this be the topamax withdrawal, or something else? Does anyone know anything that could help me with this? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Recent Activity
1780921_tn?1384615710
Blank
flipper336 "There is only one thing t... Comment
13 hrs ago
Blank
brainfried commented on MY NEUROLOGIST SACKED...
Aug 27
Blank
dralj commented on MY NEUROLOGIST SACKED...
Aug 27
Top Neurology Answerers
1780921_tn?1384615710
Blank
flipper336
Chandler, AZ
Blank
spitfire2
chicago
5466288_tn?1368589770
Blank
cramp_n_mystyle