Epilepsy Community
Twitching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Twitching

I am 36 and have a baby and have been seizure free for 7 years. I was wondering why i keep getting twitches in my eye or lip and then they go away. I get worried that i will have another seizure everytime i feel a twitch. I am not sure what causes it even though i am relaxed my lip is twitching. it only started a couple days ago but my eye comes and goes also. The lip is happening not too often but I just dont want it to get worse. Can you please advise me of what you think it could be or what to do? I have gone for an EEG a few months ago and it was fine.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Blepharospasm or eye twitching is the involuntary or uncontrollable twitching of the muscles around the eyelids. These occurrences can occur intermittently over a period of days to weeks and months. This can be categorized into two types:1.  Benign Essential Blepharospasm, a non life threatening and is not caused by any identifiable factors; and 2)a neurological disorder like Tourette's syndrome. Any worsening or intensification of symptoms must be referred to an ophthalmologist.

Hemi facial spasms which cause twitching in one side of the face and related to an irritation of the facial nerves must be ruled out. It would be best to have it evaluated by your neurologist to reach a diagnosis.

Take care and keep us posted.

did you go for a sleep deprived eeg my daughter started having seizures 2 months ago and her eeg was normal until they did a sleep deprived eeg and then the abnormal activity showed up  good luck and i hope all is well
I too have been seizure free for years, take my meds daily and have had basically no problems.  That is until recently...I have begun having twitching of my entire body when I first lay down to bed.  I do not go on to have a complete seizure, however I do question the cause.  I must admit it scared me at first, but I have now come to expect it when I go to bed.

I will be seeing my Neurologist next week about the TIA's which I suffer also and will be questioning him about this then.

While I am not answering your question but rather adding my own issue, I hope you will post any info you receive on this site.  Also hopefully anyone who has any information about this, please advise.

Thanks, Anita
mkh9 commented on mkh9's status
mkh9 100 degrees in San Diego an... Comment
flipper336 "Every morning we are born ... Comment
Aug 22