Epilepsy Community
What Does A Seizure Feel LIke

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

What Does A Seizure Feel LIke

Last night as I was going to bed after a very tiring day with little sleep the night before, right as I fell asleep I jerked violently (my head lifted forward off the pillow in a jerk-like quick motion).  There was also a loud almost ring in my head.  Then I woke up.  Felt normal.  Could that have been a seizure?  I'm 39 and I've never had epilepsy or a seizure before.  I've "jerked" upon falling asleep before...many times in my life but this one felt different plus it had that loud sound in my head.  

As a side note I have an occasional vibration feeling in my head for about 9 months now.  Is this a symptom of epilepsy?  

I have only had one seizure, so maybe other people know better, but a seizure doesn't really feel like anything. If you have ever had general anesthesia before a surgery, you know what its like. You blackout and don't know that you had a seizure until you wake up.

There may be other kinds of seizure, but that's how I remember it. I think there are types of spasms that you can have when you are entering REM sleep that can make you jerk like that.
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Apr 30
mkh9 commented on Londres70's status
Apr 12
flipper336 "Life is tough, but it's to... Comment
Mar 29